Pages

Feb 28, 2014

Cookish Dish

Share it Please
As I had always been fascinated by cooking, I had been attracted to watch and learn the art of it. I had mentioned in my old post that one of my dream job is to be a chef/baker. Though I am not really a foodie, I have this drive to learn this industry. I got hooked on TV series such as Iron Chef America, Everyday Italian, Cooking with Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Contessa Garden, Sweet Confections and now Masterchef. I even watched Sweet Relationship and Coffee Prince to get on track on running a business with it. 


Masterchef
is a show wherein the participants/contestants are amateur cooks on which cooking is just a hobby, a passion or an everyday requirement for them. They learn dishes through experimenting, a cookbook or through other people's cooking. At every episode comes a challenge: given one major ingredient, each contestant must think of a dish that will make that ingredient the hero. They are given limited time to pick-up the other ingredients and cook their dish. There's lots of freedom to choose from a variety of dishes, from dessert to viands as long as it will impress the judges.

It had taught me that cooking does not require cookbooks, it requires creativity, resourcefulness, passion, and uniqueness. As long as you know the technical stuffs, you're good. It all about mixing the right ingredients and cooking it perfectly on fire. With one ingredient at hand, I don't know how the contestants manage to think quickly of a unique dish that will make the judges say 'bravo'.

My experience in cooking is in baking, desserts, smoothies, and pastries. I remembered that I bagged the First Place in a cooking competition back on my elementary days. The challenge is to make a nutritious and cheap dish using the Lucky Me pancit canton. I made palabok with it. I also won the First Place in cooking fried egg.

I am looking forward to the start of Junior Masterchef Australia. The contestants will be between ages 8 and 12. I will surely be amazed by those kids who were practicing the cooking skills at an early age. And it's not ordinary cooking take note.


 Saturday, January 8, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads

Followers