Pages

Feb 28, 2014

Learning About Afghanistan

Share it Please
Another all-TV day today. I was watching the Don't Tell My Mother I Have Been to Afghanistan, my favorite. Thanks to its host, Diego Bunuel, who inspired me that it's better to be fluent in more than one language. I am learning Nihonggo again. Then, maybe be inspired to learn Spanish later.

As I was watching, I was shocked to know that women lead the police force in Afghanistan. It's just unusual to see policewomen who wear that baggy clothes, I think it's called burka, with a face veil. How can they run and chase criminals with all those clothes? As they were interviewed, they said that they are very important to the police force especially during killings and bombings with women as victims. The guys can't touch their corpses and can't even take pictures of them.

Another thing, women can't show their faces on TV. But as they were interviewed, they were not wearing their veils to hide their faces. I am also thinking if there are women doctors in that place; with all those killings and crimes, there should be.

I had also seen a golf course which is not green but more of dust and earth. I think it's just bringing golf in there for the experience of its people even though the place is not suitable. 



Monday, May 9, 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads

Followers