Pages

Feb 28, 2014

Sad Story

Share it Please
It was Valentine's Day. There's a marching band playing along, vendor's selling flowers, the students are being noisy and I was at my elementary school compound, in my Grade 3 room. I was having a lesson in circulatory system, showing a dissected heart of an animal. I was assisted by Mam Kats and Mam Aiz. The latter was criticizing the lesson as based on the syllabus. Then my male co-teacher entered the room and the students started teasing me to him while he obviously play along. He gave me the single light pink flower that he was holding and the class got excited! 
The marching band still plays at the corridor while I sat on the chair but the class is already gone. I was feeling happy that time, I wanted to share this day with my Mom. I hurriedly went to her classroom and find QD sitting on her table. I asked where Mama is. There was a pause before he made a slow reply of "She haven't arrived, yet". Thinking she could have been late, I let some minutes passed and checked again her room. QD is still there, in the same position as I had found him earlier. I asked him once more and had the same response. I got worried, I even asked her co-teachers who were conversing near the gate and they all agreed that maybe she spent the night with her Madi, preparing something. I dashed to my room and found Sir Daniel and Mam Venus seated near a table. I told them that Mama is still out somewhere and I don't where it is. I picked up my phone and found it drained. I removed the SIM card and Sir Daniel lend me his phone so I can insert my SIM. I checked my balanced if I have enough load to call; I dialed Mama's number and the operator was in the end of the line, informing me that the number is no longer in use.

Then, everything has become clear in my mind, I realized the reality that my mother is long been gone and the people around me were all aware of this tragic truth but nobody dared to mention it. I found myself nervous and tears were slowly dripping from my eyes even when I woke up from this bad dream..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads

Followers