Pages

Feb 28, 2014

Status: Idle

Share it Please
I'm in this fast-moving world. Most people around me had done their leap in life. I had goaled that at this stage and time, I should be geared towards earning my Master's degree. I also dreamed of establishing a business that will help and educate the needy. Not necessarily a charity, but in one way or another, helping them to appreciate the value of education even if they are out of school. I also wanted to set-up a dormitory in our place, guided by the UP kind of dorms; with recreational activities, group living and not just a place to stay.

But where am I now? Where had my dreams led me? I haven't been near the first steps of the ladder. The last two years had been self-centered and aimed towards the acquisition of the things that I wanted, neglecting the value of having that kind of goals. Now that I had tried this way of life and I am disappointed with the results, I will go back to the offensive side and resurrect the better me. The person who believes that through God, I can conquer all. To see the world not through the eyes but through the heart. To laugh again not only with the lips but with the soul. To spread the universal love through living. I miss that kind of person.

"Moving in millions, surviving as one" - that quotation was very peculiar to see at the back "fender" of a tricycle here in our town. Such powerful words. I totally agree, it may not be all about me in this world, but it all takes myself to reach every dream that I have. No one bothers to set goals for me, it's me who will mold the life I want.

Another thing, last week, out of nowhere, I was asked if I am happy. Definitely, I should be happy. I have the kind of work that I want, the people at my workplace are treasures and yet I can't say that I am truly happy. Maybe because I lack something, I think my dream of serving the people had been scraped from me. That's why, what I am doing had been all for myself and not for the benefits of others. As I always said, I am a servant. 



Sunday, February 20, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads

Followers